Sexual health check up
If you think you maybe at risk of a sexually transmitted infection (STIs) you should have a sexual health check up.
In the UK visits to a sexual health clinic are free and confidential.
You are at risk if:
- you didn’t use a condom for sex while working, whether it was oral sex, vaginal sex or anal sex.
- a condom broke or came off when you were having sex
- you have a new sexual partner
You should also have a check up if you have symptoms of an infection such as:
- unusual discharge
- abdominal pain
- bleeding after sex or in-between your periods
- itching or soreness
- ulcers or blisters on the genital region
- lumps on the genital region
Condoms are the number one method offering protection against STIs. There are many different types of condoms. Both male condoms and female condoms may be useful to you at work. Condoms are easily available free from our clinics or if we meet you at your workplace or you can order through Freedoms shop.