Sexual health check up
If you think you maybe at risk of a sexually transmitted infection (STIs) you should have a sexual health check up.
In the UK visits to a sexual health clinic are free and confidential.
You are at risk if:
- you didn’t use a condom for sex while working, whether it was oral sex, vaginal sex or anal sex.
- a condom broke or came off when you were having sex
- you have a new sexual partner
You should also have a check up if you have symptoms of an infection such as:
- unusual discharge
- abdominal pain
- bleeding after sex or in-between your periods
- itching or soreness
- ulcers or blisters on the genital region
- lumps on the genital region