The Latin American Women’s Rights Service (LAWRS)
Open Doors work closely with LAWRS who:
Provides tools for growth to empower Latin American women in the UK to pursue personal and social change. Over 4,000 women use LAWRS’ services every year to improve their emotional wellbeing, assert their rights, become more enterprising, learn new skills and improve their own opportunities in this country.
LAWRS’ services (in Spanish and Portuguese) are free and confidential. LAWRS currently offer psychotherapy, information and appointments on Thursdays at Open Doors’ clinic in St Paul’s.
- Psychotherapy for women survivors of violence, elder abuse and trauma.
- Workshops, language exchanges, English and accredited ESOL classes.
- Information and orientation on life in the UK, employment and self employment.
- Regular seminars on welfare, rights and women’s issues.
- Advocacy, advice and prevention of violence against women.
- Support in skills development, job applications and CV writing.
- Volunteering opportunities as a pathway to employment.
- Advice and casework on welfare rights, money & debt, housing.
Contact Marcela on 020 7336 0888 or email email@example.com for further information and support.