Keeping safe indoors
Here are a few suggestions:
- Avoid working on your own in any establishment as attacks are more likely to happen if you are on your own.
- Make sure nothing can be used in the room as a weapon against you.
- If you are working in a new place think about your escape routes should you need to get out quickly.
- Take a personal alarm into the room with you. If you don’t own one these can be purchased from the Suzy Lamplugh Trust.
- Be clear and upfront about the services you are willing to provide and your prices.
- Get paid before you provide any services and put the money in a different place from where you keep your other cash.
- Always trust your instinct. If you feel unsure about someone, then there is a good reason for it.
- Drugs and alcohol affect your awareness and judgements so try to avoid them or stay in control if you’re taking them.
- When dealing with a customer, look confident be assertive, strong and in control.
- Appearances can be deceptive. Don’t assume someone is OK just because they look respectable.